1 lb Turkey meat (93/7)
1 small Onion, chopped
1 package Taco Seasoning (McCormick’s HOT preferred)
1 package Sloppy Joe Mix (McCormick’s preferred)
1 small can Tomato Sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash of Chili Powder (depending on how hot you want it)
1/2 box of Uncle Ben’s Boil-in-bag White Rice (two bags)
6 Green Peppers, tops cut off and hollowed
1 bag of Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown turkey meat and onion in a large pan on medium high heat. Drain remaining grease.
3. Add taco seasoning, sloppy joe mix, Worcestershire, chili powder. Add the tomato sauce then fill the empty can up halfway with water and add it to the pan.
4. Stir and lit simmer for 10 minutes. Cook rice as directed on box in a separate pot.
5. Add rice to meat mixture and mix well.
6. Fill each pepper with the ingredients from the pan and stand them up in a baking dish. Add a cup of water to the bottom of the pan to help steam the peppers.
7. Top each pepper with cheese. Cover the entire dish with foil, I spray the inside of the foil with Pam so it doesn’t stick to the cheese. Cook for 40 minutes.
When I make it really spicy I serve it with Sour Cream!
Original Recipe credit goes to my friend Victoria’s mom, Maryanne Schulz 🙂
(NOTE: She uses ground beef for hers so that’s an option as well)